ASUS originally announced the Eee Pad MeMO tablet at last year’s CES but it was never released. It reintroduced it yesterday with not one but two different models.
First up is the ASUS Eee Pad MeMO ME171 which is designed for entertainment, media and light productivity. Specifications are:
- Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm 8260
- Operating system: Google Android 4.0
- Cellular connectivity: Wi-Fi and 3G-enabled models
- Other connectivity: A-GPS, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR
- Display: 7.0-inch WXGA (1280×800) IPS
- Input: Capacitive touchscreen and stylus
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB/32GB options, microSD cards and ASUS Webstorage
- Rear-facing camera: 5MP AF with 1080p video capture
- Front-facing camera: 1.2MP
- Connectors: Audio jack, micro-USB, micro-HDMI
- Battery: 4400mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 198.1 x 116.8 x 12.7 millimeters; 402.6 grams
The ASUS Eee Pad MeMO ME171 will be available in North America in Q2 2012.
More interesting was the teaser during NVIDIA’s press conference for a second MeMo tablet, the MeMO ME370T. This second model will sport a quad-core Tegra 3 processor, Android 4.0, and a 7-inch WXGA display. It will sell for US$249. Specific availability details were not provided.