The Sony Xperia ion was not the only new smartphone to be unveiled by Sony Ericsson. The company also unveiled the Xperia S, the first in its new Xperia NXT series.
Xperia S showcases a new design approach referred to as “Iconic Identity”. The design will be replicated across the Xperia NXT series and creates a simple strong look that is instantly recognizable. The transparent element at the base creates an iconic silhouette where the display is emphasized and underlined. In addition, it provides illumination effects and integrates the antenna components.
Sony Xperia S specifications:
- Processor: 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm MSM8260
- Operating system: Google Android 2.3 (with future 4.0 upgrade)
- Cellular connectivity: GSM/GPRS/EDGE and UMTS/HSPA
- Other connectivity: A-GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, DLNA, NFC
- Display: 4.3-inch HD (1280×720)
- Input: Capacitive touchscreen
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB
- Rear-facing camera: 12MP AF with LED flash and 1080p HD video capture
- Front-facing camera: 1.3MP with 720p HD video capture
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 1750mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 128 x 64 x 10.6 millimeters / 144 grams
- Other: PlayStation certified, FM radio with RDS
The Sony Xperia S is none other than the Nozomi device spotted a number of times prior to its announcement today.
The Sony Xperia S is expected to ship worldwide starting in March. Pricing is not available yet.
Read more: Sony Ericsson