It looks like the rumoured LG X3 has an official name. LG yesterday announced the Optimus 4X HD, its first quad-core processor smartphone.
“LG introduced the world’s first Dual-Core smartphone exactly one year ago and today we’re announcing the next milestone,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, President and CEO of LG Mobile Communications Company. “But speed in itself isn’t what makes LG Optimus 4X HD unique, it’s the benefit we’re bringing to customers with the HD multimedia experience in a mobile form factor.”
LG Optimus 4X HD specifications:
- Processor: 1.5GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3
- Operating system: Google Android 4.0
- Display: 4.7-inch 720p HD IPS
- Input: Capacitive touchscreen
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB onboard
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP with flash and BSI (Backside Illumination) sensor
- Front-facing camera: 1.3MP
- Battery: 2,150mAh
- Dimensions: 8.9 millimeters thick
The Optimus 4X HD will make its debut at next week’s Mobile World Congress. Full specifications should be available then.
The LG Optimus 4X HD is expected to launch first in Europe with other markets to follow later.
Read more: LG