LG Canada today announced that its first quad-core smartphone will make its debut in Canada in October with both Vidéotron and WIND Mobile. LG first announced it back in February.
“The Optimus 4X HD offers incredible speed and performance without compromising battery life,” said Geoff McMurdo, Vice President Mobile Communications, LG Electronics Canada. “Users want intuitive software and beautiful hardware and the Optimus 4X HD is another proof point that LG is a strong player in both areas.”
LG Optimus 4X HD specifications:
- Processor: 1.5GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3
- Operating system: Google Android 4.0
- Cellular connectivity: HSPA/GSM
- Other connectivity: GPS/A-GPS, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA
- Display: 4.7-inch HD (1280×720) IPS
- Input: Capacitive touchscreen
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB onboard and microSD cards
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP with flash and BSI (Backside Illumination) sensor
- Front-facing camera: 1.3MP
- Battery: 2,100mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 132.4 x 68.1 x 8.9 millimeters / 133 grams
Since its original announcement, LG has upgraded the battery to use SiO+ technology as well as QuickMemo (quick note taking) and Media Plex media management features. A future upgrade also promises a Eco-Mode that will let users manually shut down any of the Tegra 3’s cores for even more control over power consumption and performance.
Pricing information was not revealed today.
Read more: LG Canada