LG Canada today announced that its latest flagship, the LG Optimus G is coming to Canada this November.
“The cutting edge design and power of the LG Optimus G will set a new bar for smartphones in Canada,” said Geoffrey McMurdo, Vice President Mobile Communications, LG Canada. “This device brings the best design and functionality into one device – a device that, for many, will be more powerful than their home computer.”
LG Optimus specifications:
- Processor: 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro (APQ8064)
- Operating system: Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cellular connectivity: 4G LTE/ 3G / 2G
- Other connectivity: A-GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, NFC
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA (1280×800) IPS+
- Input: Capacitive touchscreen
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB onboard
- Rear-facing camera: 13MP
- Front-facing camera: 1.3MP
- Battery: 2,100mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 131.9 × 68.9 × 8.45 millimeters / 145 grams
Rogers will be the exclusive carrier of a 2600MHz-enabled model. Not only will it be Canada’s first 2600MHz-enabled LTE smartphone, but it will support maximum theoretical LTE download speeds of up to 100Mbps.
Bell, Rogers, and TELUS will all offer the LG Optimus G. It will also be available through a number of retailers such as Best Buy, Tbooth wireless, and WIRELESSWAVE.
Pricing information was not announced today.