Sony Mobile Communications today announced that the water resistant Sony Xperia go was coming to Canada in November. With its IP67 rating, it can survive being immersed for up to 30 minutes in up to 1 meter of water and is dust-proof.
“The Xperia go is the ideal smartphone for the everyday user looking for a device that can keep up with their lifestyle regardless of whether it rains or shines,” said Peter Farmer, VP Marketing for Sony Mobile Communications. “This phone has the highest level of dust and water resistance in its category and we feel many consumers will appreciate its durability and uncompromised performance.”
Sony Xperia go specifications:
- Processor: 1GHz dual-core NovaThor U8500
- Operating system: Google Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Cellular connectivity: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and tri-band UMTS/HSPA
- Other connectivity: A-GPS, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, DLNA
- Display: 3.5-inch HVGA (320×480) with Mobile BRAVIA Engine
- Input: Capacitive multitouch with “Wet finger tracking”
- Memory: 512MB RAM
- Storage: 8GB onboard and microSD cards up to 32GB
- Rear-facing camera: 5MP AF with LED flash and 720 HD video capture
- Front-facing camera: None
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, micro-USB
- Battery: 1,305mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 111 x 60.3 x 9.8 millimeters / 110 grams
- Other: Dust and water protected (IP67 certification), Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited
The Sony Xperia go will come preloaded with Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited apps from Sony Entertainment Network. Sony also offers up 50GB of cloud storage through Box completely free.
The Sony Xperia go will be available through Fido and exclusively at Sony Stores in a limited edition yellow starting in November. Pricing and specific availability details were not revealed.
Read more: Sony Mobile Communications