Sony is kicking 2013 off with a number of devices. It announced the Xperia Z and Xperia ZL smartphones at CES 2013. And now, confirming last week’s rumours, Sony Mobile today announced the Sony Xperia Tablet Z, the successor to its Xperia Tablet S.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z specifications:
- Processor: 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064
- Operating system: Google Android 4.1 JellyBean
- Cellular connectivity: Optional LTE
- Other connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Display: 10.-inch WUXGA (1920×1200) with Mobile Bravia Engine 2
- Input: Capative touchscreen
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB onboard and microSD cards
- Rear-facing camera: 8.1MP with BSI and Exmor R sensor
- Battery: 6,000mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 6.9 millimeters-thick, 495 grams
- Colours: Black, white
- Other: Waterproof and dustproof (IP55 and IP57 certifications), virtual S-Force Front Surround sound
The Sony Xperia Tablet Z will launch in Japan sometime this spring. There is no confirmation on availability beyond yet but hopefully Sony will announce those plans shortly. Pricing was also not revealed.