The recently announced Sony Xperia Z flagship smartphone may soon be joined by a new Sony Xperia tablet. Details about the upcoming tablet have been revealed by @xperia_info in a couple of tweets. Identified as the Sony Xperia Tablet Z (model SO-03E), it will presumably replace the Sony Xperia Tablet S.
Rumoured Sony Xperia Tablet Z specifications:
- Processor: 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064
- Operating system: Google Android 4.1.2 JellyBean
- Cellular connectivity: LTE
- Other connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Display: 10.1-inch Full HD (1920×1080)
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB onboard
- Rear-facing camera: 8.1MP
- Front-facing camera: 2.2MP
- Battery: 6,000mAh
- Dimensions: 266 × 172 × 6.9 millimeters
- Colours: Black, white
- Other: Waterproof and dustproof (IP55 and IP57 certifications)
It’s likely that the LTE connectivity will be an optional configuration and that there will be additional variants with different onboard storage capacities. You can also expect it to support DLNA and act as an IR universal remote control.
Unfortunately, there are no pictures of the device yet but its design will reportedly be similar to the Xperia Z.
Sony is expected to launch the Xperia Tablet Z in the second quarter. It will first launch in Japan with Hong Kong, Europe, and other markets to follow in succession. There is no word yet on pricing.