More details are now surfacing about the ASUS Fonepad, a 7-inch tablet that could come with voice and data connectivity. First, there an image of the back of the device showing an aluminium casing and an Intel logo that confirms which company is supplying the processor:
A number of specification details have also been revealed. These align well with previous details.
Rumoured ASUS Fonepad specifications:
- Model: ME371MG
- Processor: 1.2GHz Intel Atom Z2420 with PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- Operating system: Google Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Display: 7-inch WXGA (1280×800) IPS
- Input: Capacitive touchscreen
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 8/16/32GB onboard and microSD cards
- Rear-facing camera: 3MP
- Front-facing camera: 1.2
- Battery: 4,270mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 196.6 × 120.1 × 10.4 millimeters / 340 grams
ASUS may unveil the Fonepad as early as MWC 2013 with availability to follow in the second quarter.