Hewlett-Packard is jumping into the Chromebook market. Joining Samsung and Acer in offering inexpensive devices powered by Google’s Chrome OS, it announced the HP Pavilion 14-c010us Chromebook. It is the first Chromebook to come with a 14-inch display.
The HP Pavilion Chromebook gives you fast and easy access to the things you love and depend on, from a world of Google apps and services to your photos and social networks. The OS and built-in security stay up to date automatically. And since it’s the first Chromebook with a 14-inch diagonal design, you get full-size comfort without giving up full-on mobility.
HP Pavilion 14-c010us Chromebook specifications:
- Processor: 1.1GHz Intel Celeron 847
- Operating system: Google Chrome OS
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: 082.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (dual-band), Bluetooth
- Display: 14-inch LED-backlit HD (1366×768)
- Input: Full-size QWERTY keyboard
- Memory: 2GB RAM (upgradeable to 4GB)
- Storage: 16GB SSD and SD cards
- Rear-facing camera: None
- Front-facing camera: Yes
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, three USB 2.0 ports, HDMI port, RJ-45 port
- Battery: 4-cell (37WHr) Li-Ion
- Dimensions / weight: 347 × 238 × 21 millimeters / 1.8 kilograms
- Colours: Black
HP is offering the HP Pavilion Chromebook for US$329.99. Available in the U.S., there is no word on whether we will also see it in Canada or elsewhere.
Read more: Hewlett-Packard