Acer today unveiled a new entry level tablet aimed at new users, “families opting for a 2nd tablet for their children.” As you would expect from a tablet that will be among the cheapest when it launches, the Acer Iconia B1-A71 (a name that just rolls off the tongue) will not sport impressive specifications. But it may find a niche among those looking for such a device.
The Iconia B1 is an affordable entry level device to the wide family of Acer products and is designed for the everyday usage of Modern Day Explorers – in this case young explorers or busy mobile explorers. The Iconia B1 is, like its Acer family products, a device which provides the most premium experience at its price point.
Acer Iconia B1-A71 specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core Mediatek MTK 8317T
- Operating system: Google Android Jelly Bean
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: GPS, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Display: 7-inch WSVGA (1024×600)
- Input: Multitouch capacitive touchscreen
- Memory: 512MB RAM
- Storage: 8GB onboard and microSD cards up to 32GB
- Rear-facing camera: None
- Front-facing camera: 0.3MP
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, micro-USB 2.0 port
- Battery: 2,710mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 197.4 x 128.5 x 11.3 millimeters / 320 grams
Acer did not provide specific availability details but indicated that it will sell for less than US$150 when it launches.
Read more: Acer