BGR.com has learned that Google’s next Nexus device may be called the Nexus 4G. Along with the rumoured name, it has landed some specifications that suggest that it will be quite the device. Here is how things are shaping up so far:
- Processor: 1.2GHz or 1.5GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4460 or Qualcomm Snapdragon
- Operating system: Google Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Cellular connectivity: 4G LTE
- Display: 720p HD “monster sized”
- Input: Completely software-based
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Rear-facing camera: 5MP with advanced sensor
- Front-facing camera: 1MP
The Nexus 4G also promises to be ulra-thin.
A lot remains unclear at this time. BGR.com suggests that the device may not be the next Nexus-branded device after all but end up as a flagship Ice Cream Sandwich device much as the Motorola DROID for Android 2.0 and Motorola XOOM for Android 3.0 have been in the past.
It also unclear which carriers could offer the device although it could be headed to AT&T as one of its first LTE smartphones. It could hit the street around the US Thanksgiving holiday (November).