Today’s press event saw HTC announce the HTC Rezound, billed as “the only phone in the United States with Beats Audio integration.” Codenamed Vigor during development, it is headed to Verizon Wireless later this month.
“HTC is dedicated to delivering the latest in sight and sound innovation and we’re excited to be introducing the first U.S. smartphone featuring Beats Audio technology,” said Peter Chou, CEO, HTC Corporation. “Paired with Verizon Wireless’ blazing-fast 4G LTE network and a robust multimedia experience, the HTC Rezound enables customers to enjoy their favorite music and entertainment on-the-go like never before.”
HTC Rezound specifications:
- Processor: 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm MSM8660
- Operating system: Google Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) with HTC Sense 3.5
- Cellular connectivity: CDMA / 4G LTE
- Other connectivity: GPS/A-GPS, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0
- Display: 4.3-inch 720p HD (1280 x 720)
- Input: Capacitive touchscreen
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB internal and microSD cards (16GB card included)
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP with f2.2 lens and 1080p video capture
- Front-facing camera: 2MP
- Connectors: HDMI, microUSB, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 1,620mAh
- Dimensions: 129 x 65.5 x 13.65 millimeters
- Other: Beats Audio, Beats headphones included
The HTC Rezound is “Ice Cream Sandwich Ready” with the upgrade likely to be released early next year.
Verizon will offer the HTC Rezound for US$299.99 with a two-year contract. It will be available November 14th both in stores and online.