As expected, Intel’s first smartphone was announced today. The honour goes to India’s Lava XOLO X900.
“The first smartphone with Intel inside is now available to Indian consumers,” said Mike Bell, Intel corporate vice president and general manager of the Mobile and Communications Group. “The boundaries of personal computing are expanding. As we enter the India market with our first smartphone from Lava, the device not only showcases the rich capabilities and user benefits of Intel computing, but also highlights the exciting possibilities of what’s still to come.”
Lava XOLO X900 specifications:
- Processor: 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2460 with 400MHz GPU
- Operating system: Google Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Cellular connectivity: GSM, HSPA+
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, NFC
- Display: 4.03-inch WSVGA (1024×600) LCD
- Input: Capacitive touchscreen
- Memory: 1GB
- Storage: 16GB onboard
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP with LED flash and 1080p video capture
- Front-facing camera: 1.3MP
- Connectors: 3.5mm headphone jack, micro-USB, micro-HDMI
- Battery: 1460mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 123 x 63 x 10.99 millimeters / 127 grams
The XOLO X900 will be upgraded to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)sometime “shortly” after the launch.
THe XOLO X900 will be available in India starting on April 23rd for INR 22,000 (about USD$450).
Read more: Intel