Despite a lacklustre customer response to 3D smartphones, LG has announced a successor to its LG Optimus 3D, the world’s first glasses-free 3D smartphone.
“The Optimus 3D Max was born from LG’s constant efforts to bring user entertainment experience to a higher level,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, President and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “The introduction of the Optimus 3D last year ushered in a new era for smartphones and Optimus 3D Max is real proof of LG’s commitment to portable 3D entertainment.”
LG Optimus 3D Max specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core TI OMAP4430
- Operating system: Google Android 2.3 with LG Optimus UI
- Cellular connectivity: GSM/GPRS/EDGE and UMTS/HSPA+
- Other connectivity: GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, DLNA
- Display: Glasses-free 4.3-inch stereoscopic 3D WVGA (800×480)
- Input: Capacitive touchscreen
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 8GB onboard
- Rear-facing camera: Dual 5MP
- Front-facing camera: 0.3MP
- Battery: 1,520mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 126.7 x 67.3 x 9.7 millimeters / 148 grams
The LG Optimus 3D Max will be upgrded to Android 4.0 sometime after its release.
LG did not provide specific availability and pricing details. It will be on display at MWC 2012.
Read more: LG Electronics