AT&T today announced the Samsung Focus 2 (SGH-i667). As expected, it is none other than the rumoured Samsung Mandel, an affordable LTE-enabled Windows Phone device. It is the third Windows Phone LTE device to be launched by AT&T after the Nokia Lumia 900 and HTC Titan II.
“AT&T offers our customers the broadest Windows Phone portfolio of any carrier, with three 4G LTE Windows Phones – the only 4G LTE Windows Phones in the U.S. – now at a variety of price points and form factors,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president, Devices, AT&T Mobility. “The Samsung Focus 2 brings the people-first Windows Phone interface together with AT&T’s fast 4G LTE network for an unbeatable experience.”
Samsung Focus 2 specifications:
- Operating system: Windows Phone 7.5
- Cellular connectivity: Quad-band GSM / tri-band UMTS/ dual-band LTE
- Other connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- Display: 4-inch WVGA Super AMOLED
- Input: Capacitive touchscreen
- Storage: 8GB onboard
- Rear-facing camera: 5MP AF with 720p HD video capture
- Front-facing camera: VGA
- Battery: 1,750mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 121.7 x 62.7 x 10.9 millimeters / 122 grams
AT&T will offer the Samsung Galaxy Focus 2 for US$49.99 with a two-year contract starting on May 20th.
There is no word yet on whether it will also be available in Canada.
Read more: AT&T